Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The sleep of trust


I wonder if the feeling of unsafe
Was born in your left eye
The one you used to spy on me
Where all my secrets lie.

What have you seen there after all
To make you want to leave?
Was I not worthy of your love,
Nor my love worth to give?

Was it the man that touched my skin
Or was the man that touched my soul
The one who knew before you did
That I long to be whole?

So did you come to realize
That it was you I sought
And it was I who felt betrayed
That you could feel me not?

Or have you ever come to see
That it was you I chose?
In spite of all the doubts and fears
It was by you I rose.

It was by you I learned to trust
You taught me to let go
To trust my longing, trust my gut
To trust my inner flow.

If I am ready to move on
Or plan it just the same,
I do so with a loving heart
With no one left to blame.

And as I lock the doors tonight
After the storm has passed,
I know I do not lock you out
For I am safe at last.

1 comment:

  1. Your words make my heart vibrate and soften. "I know I do not lock you out, For I am safe at last." <3

    ReplyDelete