Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Mother and daughter


I sat today in a circle of women, mothers and daughters.
My daughter sat beside me, so did the spirits of grounds and waters
The winds and fires, in a circle of flowers.

I led the journey into the heart of a mother’s touch
The ground of a mother’s love, the wind of a mother’s song
The fire of a mother’s temper, where nothing is ever too much.

I felt the presence of my own mother, as I stroked my daughter's hair
The way she used to stroke mine when I was a child,
The way all girls should be taught to embrace their every layer.

I taught them how to braid their hair in three
By the earth, by the sky, by the sea,
Unlocking body, mind and spirit, by joining them together in pure simplicity.

I remembered that sometimes the most precious lessons
We offer our daughters are the ones touched yet not spoken,
To touch each other’s hair and melt in evanescence.

Connecting to the core of our feminine essence.



No comments:

Post a Comment