Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Foregivness

As I went in the sleep of trust
And laid down all my guns
I dreamed my calling back to life
Let all spells be un-cast.

And as I saw your face today
And melted in your eyes
I touched the scars of every gun
And bullet gone astray.

You dropped a tear in my hand
I felt it reach my heart
Forgiveness has a salty taste
That bounds all wounds to mend.

As you forgave and shed your tear
So I forgive it all
And I let go of every chain
My grief, my hate, my fear.

You offered me the greatest gift
The final sacrifice
Oh, how I've waited all these years
To finally make the shift.

And as I felt the shift inside
I had to ask again
If you are sure we need to part
Or is it just your pride.

But by the time you spoke your word
I had already seen
The answer written in your heart
Inside your every chord.

It was the word of God I've seen
The miracle of grace
I am so happy we're alive
Don't wake me from this dream.







No comments:

Post a Comment