Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Saturday, I


feel scared but act brave
forget my dreams
make breakfast for the kids
wash the dishes in someone else’s house
go for a windy walk
light a cigarette
read about making love to God for a while
realize that I am not enlightened
breathe in
reach out to someone
feel useless to someone else
call 911
make lunch for the kids
wash the dishes again
give in but don’t give up
put the baby down for a nap
breathe out
light another cigarette
call my sister
scroll facebook in vain
lie down on the floor
feel my body
feel lost
play with the kids
buy a cheap bottle of wine
drink some
make dinner
feel scared and act scared
cry
tell the truth about how ignorant I am
cry some more
call my sister again
stop crying and comfort my daughter
pack and wash dishes again
move to yet another house that is not my own
feel safe
put the kids to sleep
drink the rest of the wine
try to write a poem
can’t
try again
still can’t
bite a nail
just write about my day
even if I fail
there’s beauty in it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment