Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The choice


The fool took out his paper to read the horoscope.
What is your sign, he asked me before he jumped his rope,
Don’t haste to make decisions while on a deadly slope
For as you wish for freedom and as you vow your hope
You may just tempt Temptation and may her grace provoke.
Think twice before you do it, that’s how the madman spoke
While putting on his red cap to go out for a smoke.

I see two doors before me and still, I sense much more,
I’m bound to choose my freedom in spite of any door.
Ah, this is the moment I have been waiting for,
The moment that I have longed for, that I’ve been craving for,
The one I have been living and mostly dying for,
Yet the one that most alarmed me, that shook me to the core,
The one that brought me deeply and safely to my shore.

It doesn’t even matter which door I’m gonna choose
For I’ve unlocked my power and I’ve replugged my fuse
I have reclaimed my freedom, I have disclaimed my blues;
I’ve jumped the leap of faith and I have paid my dues;
I’ve broken free from prison and I have changed my views;
I’ve peeled of every layer, I’ve mended every bruise,
So with you or without you I’m walking in my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment