Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Make up your heart


There must be something to poem about today.
Poem about those morning dreams that slipped away
From half closed eyelids drenched in sleep;
Poem about the floor so deep
That it pulls your love down to your feet
And makes your heart as soft as clay
As you step out of bed and say
May this be the day, oh, this is the day
My heart’s made up, I must obey.

There must be something to poem about today.
Poem about the rotten emptiness that wears away
A woman’s longing heart to sleep
Inside a sea of tears so deep
That she grew fish scales on her feet
And drowned inside her house of clay
Before she found the guts to say
I’ll take no more, this is the day
My heart’s made up, I must obey.

Oh, there must be something to poem about today
Poem about the heart that melts your heart away
And wakes the angels from their sleep
To sing the lovers song so deep
It burns beneath the dancing feet
Of sinner men with faith of clay
As they fall on their knees and say
I’d never thought I’d see the day
My heart’s made up, I must obey.

Dedicated to my little sister, with love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment