Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Reverie


This tree is not my tree
We passed some time together
In the garden
Had some tea
We shared silence
Reverie
He does not belong to me.

I had all my guests to see
He had his
A crow, a bee
I beard my burdens
With a sigh
And he beard his
So gracefully.

I laid down rocks
From by the sea
I sang my story
Feeling free
I rocked my babies
In his swing
Indulged his perfect offering.

I chained my heart, buried the key
Out in the garden
By a tree
I tried so hard
To plant my roots
To build my fences
On my knee.

I soon forgot
How to be me
And blamed my man
My kids
My tree
I blamed my god
And I blamed me.

This house is not my house
I see
This land does not belong to me
This man is not my man
He’s free
Neither our children
Only me.

No comments:

Post a Comment