Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Remember to forget (each and every time but this time)



Each and every time you’ve laid down your weapons,
I stood by your sword and I waited,
I swore by my word
To open up this heart to you.

Each time you rose from your ashes
And reclaimed your sword,
I begged and I cried, please help me my Lord
To close down this heart from you.

Each time your blade of truth
Struck deep in the core of all my lies
I swore, never again
To open this heart to any man.

‘Never mind the story, remember to forget’, you said,
Standing in the doorway of my soul,
Reaching out your hand,
Breaking me open in your embrace.

This time, the choice was clear
There was nothing left to do but surrender
To the alchemy of our tears
And let everything be transformed.

Anger into peace
Resentment into gratitude
Pride into compassion
Grief into joy.

Weakness into power
Recklessness into wisdom
Fear into trust
Shame into ecstasy.

Un-forgiveness into love
Prison into freedom
Words into silence
My curse into my blessing.

And so, I honor the blessed moment I met you,
This time, as for the first time,
I see you, I receive you, I thank you, I love you, I set you free,
My love.

No comments:

Post a Comment