Pages

Friday, September 22, 2017

You are welcome

If I were your home and you came back to me,
I would hold the space around
you with all the fragrances and colors
that make your eyes shine
and your arms soften.

I would open my doors for you
and crack my windows open
so the air would awaken your skin.

I would squeak my floors under your steps
so your feet would hear their own music.

I would sit you down on my lap
so your body may curl
and remember safety.

I would shower you with my warm waters
and quench your thirst with my cold waters.

I would offer you my walls and handles to lean on
and my soft pillows to foster your dreams when you sleep.

I would reveal my hidden corners to you
to keep your secrets
and light a fire in my heart
to cook your soup when your are hungry.

I would make the rooms for the things that you do
and keep your time and your silence.

If I were your home and you came back to me ,
I would whisper to you, over and over:
Welcome home, my darling,

Welcome home.

*To Kasia, for teaching me that opening my home is opening my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment