Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Something missing

Why do I always get that feeling
like something is missing
something essential
like the part of myself
that holds every other part together
in a perfect dance of shadow and light?

Whenever I come back into my own body
I get reminded of that something
and I realise it was never missing at all
It was merely forgotten
the way the moon is forgotten
once every new moonless sky
only to be revealed
through the tides of my inner seas.

I may forget about the sky and the moon
when I am frowning upon my feet
so weary from dodging life
down the easy path
I may forget about gravity
when I get lost in the seeking
of higher ground,

Yet when I dare to look up
and see you, holding me
in the light of love
I realise that everything is a
s it should be
a big cosmic sky dance
where the only thing missing
is my willingness to surrender
to the beating of my heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment