Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I am water

I am the falling rain
pouring ever so gently
down the face of the earth
filling her gaps with moist surrender
impregnating her womb
with sultry river seeds
delving in darkness
endless burrows
bearing inside them
the promise of new springs

I am the boundless ocean
sheltering hidden worlds within worlds
under the spell of the moon
unravelling her secrets
to fearless sailors
steering her tides
with no compass other than love

I am the silent lake
praising the beauty of the sky
in her mirror
quenching the thirst of the deer
from her marrow
quivering from the touch of the willow tree
trimming her shores

I am the mighty iceberg
concealing her vastness
beneath the surface of things
frozen in disbelief
dilated in pride
yet melting under the cruel sun
of your neglect and indifference

I am the virgin snow
clothing the mountain peak
in bridal gowns
reflecting the shadow of the eagle
into the heart of the fierce climber
eclipsing all commandments
engraved on the stones underneath
like a blank canvas
upon which god creates

I am the morning dew
summoning the tears of night
upon the web of life
collecting pearls of dampness
into shivering palms of green
and releasing them
back to the ether
unspoiled, untouched, unbound

I am the milky mist
dripping from the bosom of the forest
to alleviate the hunger of the unloved
the lust of the unmothered
and the quest of the incessant seekers
wrapping their eyes
in the sacred fog
so they won't lose their sight

I am the wild geyser
erupting form the depth
of your hermit cave
disrupting your defenseless peace
exposing your fear of intimacy
your reluctance to sip
from the fountain of life
your inadequacy of rising
in love



1 comment: