Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Weed blessing

How does one even begin
to drain the hate under their skin,
to squeeze it in and spit it out,
to clear the vessels clogged with doubt?

How does one begin to trust
when evil wills and evil must,
when anger bites and anger thrives
on words that cut like poignant knives?

How does one begin to see
that which was drowned beneath the sea,
that which was cast in such disguise
that it befell on blinded eyes?

How does one begin to feel
the tombstone weight that made them kneel,
the legacy of hurt and sorrow,
the prophecy of doom tomorrow?

How does one begin to love
from down below to high above,
from wretchedness to gratitude,
from loneliness to solitude?

How one does, I do not know
I weave my verses on the go,
I sow my dreams with timely seeds
I bless my flowers and my weeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment