Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

Saving Grace

Call it intervention, call it what you may
Name it for all women, call it a decay
But when I touch my body, touch is gone astray
Gone between the rapture and the feeling of dismay.

Call it buried burden, call it future blame
Name it for all women, call it burned out flame
But when I light my body, light will turn to shame
Torn between desire and starving for an aim.

Call it curse of history, call it twist of fate
Name it for all women, call it ancient slate
But when I move my body, love will fade to hate
Caught up between temptation and plain all fucking bait.

No matter how you call it, no matter what you face
The shadows of your rapists, the demons in your space,
The sins of all the fathers, erased without a trace
May all sins be forgiven by women saving grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment