Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

The big bad truth

The truth is not so pretty,
it's neither easy, nor it's bright.
The truth will strike in anger,
will blind the darkness into sight.

The truth is am a coward
to blame and curse in spite,
despite of my own power
as I say I'm alright.

The truth is I am a housewife
with no flame left to ignite,
discarding my true calling
as I become polite.

The truth is I'm a looser
much to my own delight,
discarding my own nature
as I give up the fight.

The truth is I'm an actor
caught up in sheer stage fright,
oblivious of bravery
as I protest my might.

The truth is I'm dependant
depending on the knight
who sheds he's shining armour
as I hold on so tight.

The truth is I'm a liar
drunkin' rhyming through the night
discarding my own poem
as I turn off the light.

To my sister, the gifted truth digger


No comments:

Post a Comment