Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2015

The other body

Imprisoned in my body, a different body lies
More subtle of expression, less liable of ties
It bears the scars of elders, it heals the wound of age,
It wears its wings and feathers, it sheds all fits of rage.

Imprisoned in my body, a different body sings
More 'tuned to earth and nature, less bound to earthly things,
It sings without partition, it talks without a word,
It loves without a reason, it prays without a lord.

Imprisoned in my body, a different body hides
More grasping of sensation, less keen on virtue rides,
It longs to break its wrist chains, it craves for open air,
It dreams of seas and highways, it yearns to flee this chair.

Yet, as I move my body, the other body moves,
More free with every movement, less reticent to grooves,
They sync their hearts and centres, they merge their wills and sounds,
They blend their inner whispers as they dance on common ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment